Entry requirements for studying at St Augustine’s:
We aim to make studying theology accessible for anyone who has a passion for theology and who will benefit from academic study at undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate level. However, academic study is not for everyone, so we do ask that potential students demonstrate an aptitude for study appropriate to the level of the qualification applied for. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to have studied theology at a particular level before, or have specific qualifications. Indeed, many of our students are new to academic study, or haven’t written an essay for decades!
We are always happy to discuss entry requirements with a potential student, so if you have any questions, please get in touch.
- The College will only consider applications from students who will be 18 by the time they enrol.https://www.durham.ac.uk/departments/academic/common-awards/policies-processes/admissions/entry-requirements/
- Aptitude for study appropriate to the level of the qualification applied for (see full admissions policy below for further details with respect to each programme).
- Language aptitude according to University (or equivalent) policy if English is not the first language. See the https://www.durham.ac.uk/departments/academic/common-awards/policies-processes/admissions/entry-requirements/.
- Students need to be proficient computer and internet users to study on our programmes.
- International students would need to acquire a Visa for the entirety of the course before applying, as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
To view the full Admissions Policy click here.