Applying for Church of England Ordination Training 

If you are ready to apply for a place at a theological college, you will have already completed a significant process of discernment in your diocese or denominational body responsible for vocations. You may even have received a formal recommendation for training from a Bishop’s Advisory Panel (BAP) or a similar denominational body.

The choice of a theological college is an important one; in the case of Anglicans, the college programme provides the first stage of formation for ordained ministry, the second being your post-ordination, curacy training. If you have already visited St. Augustine’s but still have questions, please contact us by phone or email. We want to help you make an informed decision, alert to the leading of God. If you haven’t yet visited us, let us know and, if an Open Event is not convenient, we’ll organise another time for you.

If you wish to join us as an Ordained Ministry student, please complete this application form.

Contact us See all courses

  1. Applying for undergraduate or postgraduate courses

    This programme encourages lay people of all backgrounds to undertake studies intended to inform and integrate faith in everyday life.  Please complete this application form here.

  2. Applying for a ‘Taster’ Module

    If would you like to apply for a single ‘taster’ module.  Please complete this application form.

  3. Applying for ‘Biblical Languages’ Module

    If would you like to apply for ‘biblical languages’ module.  Please complete this application form.

    Applying for Licensed Lay & Pioneer Ministry training
    If you wish to join us as a Reader or Pioneer student (LLM), please complete this application form.

    Applying for Phase 2 training

    If you are a curate from either Canterbury, Chichester or Rochester and you wish to apply for Phase 2 training, please contact your diocesan phase 2 co-ordinator.

    Please note that if you are applying for any course other than Ordained Ministry or Reader in Training (ie you are an Independent Student), you will be responsible for paying your own fees.

Applying for APL (Accrediation of Prior Learning)

You can sometimes be exempted from modules that are part of the Common Awards programme.  If you have already met most or all of the relevant learning outcomes.  This is called the “Accreditation of Prior Learning” .  See link.

Sign up here to receive our termly newsletters