About the course
Through hour-long weekly online sessions, you’ll dive into a range of topics and key areas of study, including:
- the challenges that translators are faced with when bringing Biblical texts and Scripture to non-native audiences
- insights into English Bible versions and how they originated
- a richer understanding of key Biblical terms that are rooted in a cultural context.
As part of your course, you’ll receive an introduction to the key features of Hebrew and New Testament Greek, offering you a taste of how learning the languages can impact your study and appreciation of Bible text and Scripture.
“This fun, free course gives you an exciting insight into English Bible translations, without having to learn the Hebrew and the Greek in full.”
Rev Dr Simon Stocks
Where and when will I be studying?
Classes run online via Zoom on Tuesdays, from 7pm to 8pm. There are 20 classes in total, which run over the following dates:
- Autumn term: September to December (with a reading week in October)
- Winter term: January to March (with a reading week in February)
All resources needed for the class will be provided online.
Frequently asked questions
Take the next step on your journey into studying theology.