About the course
For those unfamiliar with New Testament Greek, this beginners’ language course is a fantastic way to develop both a grounding in the language and a comprehensive knowledge of the basic tools of translation.
This course is suitable for both existing St Augustine’s students and learners who wish to engage in this field of study for their own enrichment. You’ll be learning alongside a diverse group of students and attending classes at either our West Malling campus or Southwark campus.
Once you’ve completed the beginners’ course or demonstrated an existing familiarity with New Testament Greek, you can engage with our intermediate classes to further develop your fluency and understanding.
“During your studies, you will engage with up-to-date scholarship on the relevant texts. You’ll explore a range of subjects, including matters of history and literary analysis, background and theology.”
Rev Dr Simon Stocks
Where and when will I be studying?
- Autumn term: September to December (with a reading week in October)
- Winter term: January to March (with a reading week in February)
- Spring term: March to June (with a 3 week break for Easter)
You have the option of attending classes at either our West Malling campus or Southwark campus. Class times are as follows:
- Southwark: Mon. 5-6pm (Jordan Dyck)
- West Malling: Wednesday 2-3pm (Alan Le Grys)
- Online: Tues. 7-8pm (Jordan Dyck)
- West Malling: Wednesday 3-4pm (Alan Le Grys)
Take a look around our Southwark campus
Frequently asked questions
Take the next step on your journey into studying theology.